U25 Elite Development Draft Legal Race
We are proud to deliver an exciting day of U25 Elite Development Draft Legal Sprint Races in the Midwest. Like our sister race in Clermont, FL, this event will attract top talent from around the country to gain valuable draft legal race experience. Based on the high desire to race in these races, we expect the race field to fill very quickly.
The race is limited to 75 female and 75 male athletes. The minimum age requirement is 16 years of age and a maximum age of 25 years of age (age on 12/31/14). We will grant special entry to athletes older than 25 years of age on a case by case basis. Please contact Bill at email@example.com if you would like to race draft legal but are older than 25 years of age.
The first three (3) finishers in the U25 Elite Development Race will become eligible for a USAT Elite Triathlete License. Elite license holders and non-U.S. athletes are permitted to start in the race, however, elite eligibility spots will roll down to the next amateur provided he or she is within five percent (5%) of the first amateur's overall time.
This race follows all ITU competition and equipment rules.
Two Important things:
- Proper bike equipment required! No TT bars allowed. Athletes must have the proper handle bars in order to race. All equipment will be inspected prior to racing.
- All U25 Elite Development age group draft legal racers will be required to attend a MANDATORY pre-race meeting at 5:30 pm EST on Friday, August 15th. This meeting will take place at the race venue (Belle Isle Beach). More details about this meeting will be forthcoming.
Register now and get ready for an amazing experience!
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Ten U25 EDR Rules
- The pre-race briefing is mandatory.
- Time penalties assessed as "stop and go" with verbal warning or in the Penalty Box.
- Wetsuits are not allowed above 20°C (68°F).
- Athletes must move forward after the start signal.
- Blocking or interfering with the forward progress of another competitor is not allowed.
- Athletes lapped by the race leader will be disqualified from the race.
- Helmet chin-strap must be buckled at all times while touching the bike.
- All equipment must be placed in your individual transition bin after use.
- Torso must be covered from race start to finish.
- Bicycle must have a traditional triangular frame; wheels must have at least 16 spokes; handlebars must be traditional drop-style with bar-ends plugged; clip-on aerobars may not extend beyond the brake levers foremost line and must be bridged; no bar-end gear shifters allowed. If your equipment does NOT meet these requirements you will be moved to the non-drafting age group race.
For a more comprehensive listing of competition and equipment rules for the USAT EDR event, please visit www.draftlegalrules.com.